||Packaging Machine Operator
This position will require a self-directed, team oriented individual who takes pride and ownership in his/her work, and is willing to accept total responsibility for the performance of the packaging operation on his/her shift. This individual must possess good mechanical skills and be able to demonstrate their ability to produce quality product at levels that will allow the plant to meet or exceed it goals and objectives.
- Monitor product flow from strippers and silos to packaging machines.
- Clear product jams at stripper and in turners, chimneys and scales.
- Add cartons and change packaging film.
- Add containers to case packers
- Make operational adjustments to maintain proper machine rates and packaging quality.
- Perform machine and product changeovers accurately in standard allocated time for individual lines.
- Add glue and tape.
- Monitor, operate and changeover code daters, printers and labelers.
- Monitor and adjust scales to ensure proper weights.
- Complete required production paperwork to accurately calculate run time, efficiencies and cases produced.
- Always maintain a sanitary work environment.
- Ensure that work areas are clean and that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) are fully complied with. Accept responsibility for AIB scores in the packaging area.
- Ensure compliance with all safety programs and maintain hazard free work areas.
- Must be able to adjust their own work schedule in order to maintain a 2-shift operation (may require overtime as operation requires).
- Be able to effectively communicate with team members to support a self-directed work environment.
- Use sound judgment in exercising caution to insure personal safety and the safety of others.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must demonstrate good communication skills.
- Must demonstrate good math skills
- Must possess a solid mechanical aptitude combined with technical training and/or the equivalent in manufacturing experience (preferably in food manufacturing).
- Demonstrate creative troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Solid working knowledge of the following equipment:
- Storage and product delivery systems
- Computer scales and other weighing devices
- Metal detectors and check weighers devices
- Cartoners, baggers, casepackers, sealers and lifts.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs is required.
- The ability to push loaded totes with caster wheels over 750 pounds.
- The ability to learn to use computer terminals and computer based equipment is necessary.
- Tasks performed involve work with equipment and processes that require familiarity with formal safety procedures and in following the procedures in order to maintain the safety of the work environment.
- Mechanical ability to the extent of analyzing basic irregularities in the proper functioning of equipment is necessary.
- Ability to calculate basic match functions (adding, subtracting, multiplying, division, percent, etc.) accurately and quickly is necessary.
- The willingness and ability to take initiative, use judgment and be dependable in carrying out required functions on a timely basis is essential.
- Ability to accomplish all duties assigned.
Apply in person at 1350C Bush River Rd., Columbia, SC 29210 or for more information call (803) 798-8841.
Apply for this Job