Maintenance Technician needed in the Birmingham area. Serious Candidates need only apply. Must be able to pass a drug screen and a criminal background check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance of equipment
- Confers with management and other department heads to plan preventative maintenance programs
- Schedules inspections and major overhauls in coordination with production schedules
- Reviews technical papers, catalogs and other reference materials and confers with equipment sales representatives to recommend new equipment, supplies and methods to improve production efficiency
- Confers with contractors to resolve problems in installation of new equipment
- Assists with start up of new plants or locations
- Reviews inspection and repair reports and observes progress of work on major overhauls
- Ensures production area is OSHA compliant
- Maintenance of various areas and items in the building
Non-essential Duties & Responsibilities
Employees in this position may be asked to perform other duties as assigned within the department or other areas of production. Conditions which may make this necessary include, but are not limited to, machine down time, work flow/project deadlines, special projects, illness of coworkers or any special situation as determined by the management team within the department.
Ability to handle multiple tasks, good organizational skills, and work with little supervision.
Extensive knowledge of mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance.
Education and/or Experience
Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or one year to 18 months related experience and/or training in mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205-868-9448 for further details.
Apply for this Job